How can you improve your cat's sleep
Cats generally have a natural ability to sleep for long hours, typically around 12-16 hours per day. However, there are a few things you can do to help your cat sleep better and more comfortably:
1. Provide a comfortable sleeping area: Cats love to sleep in warm and cozy areas. You can provide a comfortable bed or a warm blanket in a quiet and peaceful area of your home, away from any noise or disturbances.
2. Playtime and exercise: Engage your cat in regular playtime and exercise sessions during the day. This will help them burn off energy and be tired by bedtime, making it easier for them to fall asleep.
3. Regular feeding schedule: Ensure that your cat has a regular feeding schedule, as a full belly can help them sleep better.
4. Keep them relaxed: Avoid any loud noises or sudden movements around your cat, especially in the evening. This will help them stay relaxed and calm, making it easier for them to sleep.
5. Catnip: Some cats enjoy the scent of catnip, which can have a calming effect and help them sleep. You can give your cat a small amount of catnip to see if they respond positively to it.
6. Provide high up spaces: Cats love to be high up in areas where they can assess their surroundings to know what is going on. The hey feel much more comfortable in places where they have access to high cat trees, window hammocks, etc. This can help them to feel stable at home in their own environment.
It's important to note that cats are naturally nocturnal animals, and they may be more active during the night. If your cat is keeping you awake at night, you can try providing them with a separate sleeping area or keeping them occupied with toys or puzzles to help them sleep better.